Published on June 10th, 2018 | by William Charles10
[Expired] [MN & WI] Spire Credit Union $100 Checking Promotion
Deal has expired, view more bank bonuses by clicking here
Deal is back, hat tip to reader EW
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MN & WI only, maybe be able to join if a family member is already a member
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: 5 check card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull (Equifax)
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must remain open for six months
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2016 June 30th, 2017 September 30th, 2017 December 31st, 2017 June 30th, 2018 September 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018March 31st, 2019
- Open a new Spire checkng account and receive a bonus of $100 when you do the following:
- set up an Automatic Payment or Direct Deposit and make a total of 6 SPIRE debit card transactions within 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer valid to persons with no prior checking relationship with SPIRE in the last 12 months.
- $100 minimum balance required to open checking account.
- To qualify for $100 offer, account holder must set up an Automatic Payment or Direct Deposit and make a total of 5 SPIRE debit card transactions within 60 days.
- Account must remain open for six months.
- $100 will be deposited to the checking account upon account opening.
- If all requirements of offer are not met, SPIRE reserves the right to reclaim the $100.
- Account holder responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Limited time offer valid 10.01.16 – 12.31.16. Subject to termination at any time.
This is a free checking account, you do need to keep the account open for six months to avoid any fees.
The fact that it’s a hard pull to open the account kills the deal, you’d be better off signing up for a credit card with a high cash sign up bonus instead. You can view a list of the checking sign up bonuses we do recommend (and without hard pulls) by going here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank