Update 10/4/21: Extended through 12/31/21
Update 7/6/21: Extended until 09/30/2021.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MN & WI only, maybe be able to join if a family member is already a member
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: 5 check card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull (Equifax)
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must remain open for six months
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2016 June 30th, 2017 September 30th, 2017 December 31st, 2017 June 30th, 2018 September 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018 March 31st, 2019 June 30th, 2020 September 30th, 2020 December 31, 2020 March 31, 2021June 30, 2021
- Open a new Spire checkng account and receive a bonus of $100 when you do the following:
- set up an Automatic Payment or Direct Deposit and make a total of 6 SPIRE debit card transactions within 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer valid to persons with no prior checking relationship with SPIRE in the last 12 months.
- $100 minimum balance required to open checking account.
- To qualify for $100 offer, account holder must set up an Automatic Payment or Direct Deposit and make a total of 5 SPIRE debit card transactions within 60 days.
- Account must remain open for six months.
- $100 will be deposited to the checking account upon account opening.
- If all requirements of offer are not met, SPIRE reserves the right to reclaim the $100.
- Account holder responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Limited time offer valid 10.01.16 – 12.31.16. Subject to termination at any time.
This is a free checking account, you do need to keep the account open for six months to avoid any fees.
The fact that it’s a hard pull to open the account kills the deal, you’d be better off signing up for a credit card with a high cash sign up bonus instead. You can view a list of the checking sign up bonuses we do recommend (and without hard pulls) by going here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank