Published on February 16th, 2019 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [MI] Oakland University Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – Incoming Freshmen Only
Deal has expired, view more bank bonuses here.
Update 2/16/19: Deal is back and valid until March 2nd, 2019.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Oakland University income freshman only
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2018March 2nd, 2019
- Oakland University is offering incoming freshmen a bonus of $100 when they open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Make at least 10 debit card transactions
The Fine Print
- Offer valid 6/11/18 to 9/30/18 for incoming 2018 OU freshmen only.
- An OU Credit Union Debit Card must be activated by 9/30/18 and 10 debit card purchases made within 30 days of account opening to qualify.
- The $100 will be deposited into your OU Credit Union checking account within 14 days of the 10th purchase.
- May not be combined with any other offers.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The totally gold checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I was unable to find the fee schedule so I’m unsure if any early account termination fee is charged.
I doubt many readers will be eligible, but maybe you know somebody who is and this is a good opportunity to introduce them to the site. If it’s a soft pull then it’s worth doing as the requirements are easy to meet and no direct deposit requirement either.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times