Published on September 30th, 2018 | by William Charles66
[Expired] [MI only] Credit Union One $200 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired. If you want to view the best current checking bonuses, click here.
Bonus is back and available until October 31st, 2018. Hat tip to reader Toad.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live, work, attend school or worship in Michigan
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+
- Additional requirements: Make 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $600
- Monthly fees: $6, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $5, 90 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
August 25th, 2018October 31st, 2018
- Credit Union One is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new cash back checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- eStatements are required
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening and receive a $100 bonus
- Make 10 debit card transactions within 60 days of account opening and receive a $100 bonus
The Fine Print
- Direct deposit must be new and not currently with Credit Union ONE and post to account within 60 daysof account opening.
- Debit card transactions must post to the account within 60 days of account opening.
- ATM transactions not eligible. Funds will be credited to account within seven days after eligibility requirements have been met.
- Must subscribe to E-Statements.
- Member is responsible for any tax liability associated with cash back.
- Cash back will be reported on applicable 1099 IRS form as required by law.
- May not be combined with any other offer and is limited to one offer per member.
- Offer does not apply to members who have an existing checking account or have closed a checking account within the past six months.
- Offers expire 10/31/18.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Monthly fee of $6 is waived if you do any of the following:
- Have an average monthly balance of $500
- Receive a monthly direct deposit
- Make 15 debit card or bill pay transactions
- If you are under 24 or older than 65
Early Account Termination Fee
A $5 fee is charged if the account is closed within the first 90 days of being opened.
Should be worth doing for most people as it’s a soft pull to open and there is a small amount of credit card funding. You do need to deposit $500 to keep the account fee free (or do one of the other methods) and it does require a direct deposit but at least the bonus itself is $200 and bigger than a lot of others. Because of this we will be adding it to the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Aaron W who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times