Published on March 17th, 2019 | by William Charles3
[MI only] Level One Bank $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live in one of the following Michigan counties for online sign up: Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, and Monroe. Note according to this comment you might need to go in branch to complete your application.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Level One bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code PC100
- Establish a direct deposit within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Not available to existing personal checking clients or those whose accounts have closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance
- One offer per customer
- $100 will be deposited 91 days after account opening if requirements have been met.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
My Free Checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to see any early account termination fee in their fee schedule.
Level One has offered a $300 checking bonus in the past, but that was way back in 2016. Despite this offer being much worse, it still might be worth doing as I can’t see a big offer like that coming back anytime soon and it also looks like as long as your account has been closed for 90 days or more it’s possible to do multiple bonuses with level one. Because of that I’ll add this to our best checking bonus page towards the bottom.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times