Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Michigan only, maybe nationwide?
- Direct deposit required: Yes, see below
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: 2/28/22
- MSUFCU is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 weekly, $1,000 biweekly or $2,167 monthly (first qualifying direct deposit must be made by 3/31/22, second qualifying direct deposit must be made by 4/30/22)
- Activate debit card by 2/28/22 and make 10 debit card purchases within 30 days of account opening
- Have at least $1,000 balance in the MSUFCU savings account by 2/28/22
The Fine Print
- For more information on all offers, visit msufcu.org/gospecials.
- All offers available 1/1/22 to 2/28/22 for accounts in good standing.
- Offer valid for new MSUFCU checking accounts with qualifying direct deposit. Current members without an existing checking account are eligible when opening a checking account with qualifying direct deposit. Must add qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 weekly, $1,000 biweekly, or $2,167 monthly to MSUFCU checking account between 1/1/22 and 2/28/22. First qualifying direct deposit must be made by 3/31/22. Second qualifying direct deposit must be made by 4/30/22. MSUFCU Visa Debit Card must be activated by 2/28/22 and 10 debit card purchases must post within 30 days of activation. Must have at least a $1,000 balance in an MSUFCU savings account on 2/28/22.
- $250 will be deposited into member’s new checking account within 8 weeks of meeting all qualifications.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic deposit of your net paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- Examples of non-qualifying transfers and deposits include P2P services like Venmo, Paypal, Square, or any transaction that is a refund or transfer from another financial services such as an investment transfer, college tuition refunds, and federal/state/municipal refunds. Not valid with any other deposit or checking offers.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Totally green checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Not sure if it’s restricted to that one branch or not. Upside is you should be able to ask if it’s a hard or soft pull.
Hat tip to reader Celia
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times