Published on April 17th, 2017 | by William Charles61
Nationwide Citibank $300 Checking Bonus with $15,000 Initial Deposit
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide (can be done online)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, for two consecutive months
- Additional requirements: Deposit $15,000 for 60 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $25, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit:
- Expiration date:
June 30th, 2017September 30th, 2017
Receive a sign up bonus of $300 when you open a new The Citibank Account Package and complete the following requirements within 30 days of account opening:
- Make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account or Citi Savings Account, and maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days following the date when you made the qualifying deposit.
- Within thirty (30) days, 1 qualifying Direct Deposit must post to the new checking Account each month for 2 consecutive calendar months after opening the new checking account
The Fine Print
- New-to-Citibank funds are funds not currently held at Citibank or its affiliates.
- Qualifying Direct Deposits are Automated Clearing House (ACH) credits, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer, or an outside agency.
- Existing customers with a checking account are not eligible.
- To qualify for this promotion, you must enroll in the promotion, meet the terms and conditions of this offer and perform the required qualifying activities contained in this offer. To be eligible for this offer, you must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank or have been a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account in the last 60 days.
- The new checking account in The Citibank Account Package must be open and in good standing at the time the cash bonus is credited to the Account. If the qualifying deposit is made into a Citibank Savings Plus Account or Citi Savings Account, these accounts must also be in good standing at the time the cash bonus is credited to the new checking account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This bonus is available on the Citibank Account Package.
- The Citibank Account Package needs $10,000 in combined average monthly balances to remain fee free. Otherwise, there is a $25 monthly fee.
Early Termination Fee
In the past, Citi has not charged any ETF, and none is mentioned for this offer.
Previous deal did not require a direct deposit, and only required the $15,000 to be deposited for 30 days. This makes this new offer significantly worse. The other downside about this offer and Citi in general is they often don’t automatically post the bonus, meaning you need to manually follow up. This offer is still worth doing (especially as you can effectively churn it), it’s just nowhere nearly as good as it’s previously been. We will be updating our best checking bonus rankings in light of this.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications