Published on January 4th, 2020 | by William Charles24
[Expired] [NC, SC, TN, VA] HomeTrust Bank $202 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more HomeTrust Bank deals by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $202 + $5 per month
- Availability: NC, SC, TN, VA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $250+ each
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, 180 days
- Household limit: Two
- Expiration date: February 15th, 2020
- HomeTrust Bank is offering a bonus of $202, to receive this bonus you need to complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GET150
- Receive two qualified direct deposits of at least $250 each
- Debit card must be ordered
- You can also get $5 per month every month you complete at least 10 debit card transactions
The Fine Print
- Direct deposit enrollment and debit card order with new Everywhere Connect account required to qualify. A $202 bonus will be credited to the new checking account within two weeks from second qualified direct deposit. Transactions must post and settle to qualify. Two (2) direct deposits must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government of at least $250 each ($500 total).
- Checking account must be opened with the promotional code from January 2, 2020 through February 15, 2020 and a debit card must be ordered at account opening to receive the bonus.
- Bonuses are paid after a manual account review to verify criteria including, but not limited to: direct deposit verification, debit card ordering, and physical address within the HomeTrust Bank market footprint.
- This offer applies to new Everywhere Connect checking accounts only.
- Offer cannot be combined with other offers and is limited to two (2) incentives per household.
- Offer is not available to customers who have closed an account within the past 90 days. If your account is closed within 180 days, an account closing fee equal to the bonus payment ($202) will apply.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Payments are subject to IRS tax reporting requirements.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $10 monthly fee, this is waived if you do either of the following:
- Five debit card transactions or
- One recurring Direct Deposit
Early Account Termination Fee
If account is closed within 180 days of account opening the bonus has to be repaid
Previously the bonus was $150 but you could open a free checking account, this is an extra $52 plus you can get the additional $5 bonus per month. Bit annoying to have to do the 5 debit card transactions/direct deposit to keep the account fee free but at least you can do 10 debit card transactions and also trigger the additional $5 monthly bonus. I do think this is worth doing, so it will be added to the best checking bonuses – just do the better bonuses first.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times