Published on September 9th, 2019 | by Chuck105
New Chase Preapproved Offer Method To Bypass 5/24 (“You’re Already Approved”)
Update 9/8/19: reader Swany got this now on a few cards, image below. (Note: this ‘already approved’ offer probably does not take care of the 48-month rule, so if you already have/had a Sapphire card, you likely won’t get the bonus.)
So there are 3 potential offers you’ll see in the Offers For You:
- “Already Approved” green tag with stated credit lines and fixed APR, no income entry required during application; this should bypass 5/24 and should always be approved.
- “You’re pre-qualified” black tag with fixed APR, no stated credit line, asks for income during application; this should bypass 5/24 making you eligible for approval.
- “Special Offer” with no set APR or credit line; this kind will not bypass 5/24.
(We originally wrote here that the ‘already approved’ offer has a variable APR, but reader Swany clarified that it was the ‘Special Offer’ that had no fixed APR while the ‘already approved’ offer did have a fixed APR.)
Reader Major sent in a tip that there’s a new kind of Just For You offer which essentially shows a preapproval offer and it worked for them to bypass 5/24. It shows in the position where we usually have JUST FOR YOU offers, but the title is different and states: “(your name), you have already be approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred with ($xx) credit limit.” Here’s what it looks like:
Let us know if you see this and if it works for you to bypass 5/24. For more background on 5/24 and Just For You offers, check out these posts:
- Chase 5/24 Rule Explained In Detail – Everything You Need To Know
- Bypass Chase 5/24 Online With “Selected For You”/”Just For You” Offers
- Bypass Chase 5/24 Rule On Business Cards With Black Star ‘Just For You’ Offers
- Chase Business Cardholders Get New Card Offer Which Bypasses 5/24