Published on July 7th, 2019 | by William Charles5
[NJ & PA, In Branch Only] The Bank of Princeton $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must be opened in branch, branches are in NJ & PA [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500 minimum
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $100, six months
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- The Bank of Princeton is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new Wise Checking Account and complete the following requirements:
- Have Direct Deposit of a Payroll or Social Security check with a minimum of $500.00 made to Wise Checking Account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer valid on NEW MONEY ONLY. New money cannot be funds held at The Bank of Princeton prior to the opening of this promotional Wise Checking account.
- To receive the exclusive $100.00 Wise Checking Bonus: 1) Open new Wise Checking Account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit minimum $50.00 at account opening; 3) Have Direct Deposit of a Payroll or Social Security check with a minimum of $500.00 made to Wise Checking Account within 60 days of account opening.
- Limit 1 Wise Checking account per Tax ID.
- The Bank will deposit the $100.00 promotional bonus to the Wise Checking Account within 30 business days after the initial direct deposit of a minimum of $500.00 posts to the account.
- If Wise Checking Account is closed by the customer or The Bank of Princeton within 6 months after opening and the $100.00 promotional bonus has been deposited into the account, the Bank will deduct the $100.00 promotional bonus from the account at account closing.
- Wise Checking Offer begins 9:00 AM EST on June 17, 2019; subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Other terms and conditions may apply. Wise Checking Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Wise checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for six months otherwise the bonus of $100 is forfeit.
Worth doing if you live near a branch, just keep in mind they are somewhat Chexsystems sensitive so if you’ve opened more than 7-8 accounts in the last 12 months I’d give this one a miss. I will still add this to our best bank account bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times