Published on May 12th, 2018 | by William Charles4
[NY, Cayuga county] Lyons National Bank $175 Checking Bonus + 3% APY Savings Account
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $175
- Availability: Cayuga count branch only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, full paycheck or government benefit
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown, unlikely due to in branch requirement
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: Six months, $30.
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Lyons National Bank is offering a bonus of $175 when you open a new personal checking account with direct deposit of your full paycheck from your employer, pension, or government benefits. This offer is available at their Cayuga county offices only.
- They are also offering a 3% APY savings accounts (minimum balance of $5,000 and maximum of $350,000). You must be a resident of Cayuga or Onondaga County and open or have an active personal checking account with direct deposit of your full paycheck from your employer, pension, or government benefits. eStatements is also required
The Fine Print
- Offer is available to new LNB checking account customers. Receive $175 when you open a personal checking account with direct deposit of your full paycheck from your employer, pension, or government benefits during the promotion period at our Cayuga county offices ONLY.
- Cash will be credited to the checking account within 30 days after qualification is met as long as the account is in good standing.
- Offer is subject to change without notice.
- Gift is reportable for tax purposes.Primary account holder will receive a Form 1099-INT.
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
They have offered the same bonus in Auburn, NY before. Given that’s a soft pull, it will be worth it for some people to sign up. Just keep in mind it does state that the direct deposit needs to be your full paycheck and this is sometimes actually checked with these smaller branch bonuses. We’ve added this to the highly regional specific section of the best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times