Published on December 9th, 2018 | by William Charles0
[NY, In Branch Only] Empire State Bank $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must open in branch, all branches are in NY [branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: $25 opening deposit
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2019
- Empire State Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new free personal checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $25 or more at account opening
- Have your qualifying direct deposit post to the account within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive the $100 checking bonus: 1) Open a new Empire State Bank Free Checking account, which is subject to verifcation; 2) Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of account opening.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency.
- Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as a direct deposit.
- After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 90 days of account opening.
- Cash bonus is limited to one per person and subject to 1099 reporting. Product terms subject to change.
- Offer will expire on March 31, 2019 and may be extended at Empire State Bank’s option only. Deposit products offered by Empire State Bank,
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull before trying to determine if it’s worth it or not. I’m sure you can ask before signing up considering it’s in branch only. At best it’s a so/so bonus, at least there are no monthly fees to worry about. We won’t consider adding this to the best bank bonus page until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times