Published on November 27th, 2019 | by William Charles6
[OH Only] $250 Checking Bonus From BMI Federal Credit Union (Referral Bonus)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Selected areas of Ohio only. BMI Federal Credit Union is available to anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Franklin, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway, Madison, Union, Delaware, or Morrow County
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Mixed Datapoints
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $250 with Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months bonus forfeit, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- BMI Federal Credit Union is offering a referral bonus of $250 (both parties receive the bonus) when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code CHEER250 and existing member name
- Sign up for eStatements
The Fine Print
- Existing Member Offer: New member must mention name of referring member when account is opened. $250 cash bonus will be deposited to existing member’s account within 10 days after the New Member Offer is qualified.
- New Member Offer: To earn a $250 Cash Bonus, mention offer when opening the account in person, or add the promo code CHEER250 and existing member name to the comment section when applying online.
- The following requirements must be met in the first 60 days after the account is opened: Open and deposit $20.00 into a new free checking account.
- Member must sign up for electronic statements.
- A regular share savings account must be opened and a $5.00 deposit is required.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within six months of opening you will forfeit the bonus.
This is better than the previous deals offered as no direct deposit is required. A referral is needed, so if anybody has an existing account then please share your details in the comments below. Once there are a few people willing to refer we will add this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Babu
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times