Published on April 14th, 2019 | by William Charles2
[OK, AZ only] MidFirst Bank $100 Checking Promotion
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: offers are available in Oklahoma and Arizona area banking centers only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown but unlikely in branch
- Monthly fees: $6, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2019
- MidFirst Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $100 or more at account opening
- Complete one of the following within 60 days of account opening
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more
- Complete 10 debit card purchases
The Fine Print
- Checking and referral promotional offers are available in Oklahoma and Arizona area banking centers only and are not available to those whose accounts have been closed within one year or closed with a negative balance. Must be 17 or older. Offer good through 6/30/2019.
- Promotional offers subject to change without notice and are not valid with any other promotional offers.
- Accounts must be open and in good standing to receive an account credit. After all requirements are met, the applicable credit will be made to the eligible customer’s checking account within 30 calendar days.
- Account credits are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or applicable tax form).
- Existing MidFirst Bank checking customers are not eligible for the checking offer.
- Checking offer is limited to one new promotional checking account per household. Referral offer is valid for existing MidFirst consumer checking customers referring eligible new consumer checking customers. Go! Checking, Sooner Checking, Sooner Solution Checking, Broncho Checking, Broncho Solution Checking, Sun Devil Checking and Sun Devil Solution Checking accounts are not eligible for checking or referral offers. Account opening is subject to MidFirst Bank’s approval.
- To receive the $100 checking offer, a new MidFirst Bank customer must: 1) Open a new MidFirst Bank checking account, and 2) Deposit $100 or more at account opening from a non-MidFirst Bank (or affiliate or division) account; and 3) Complete one of the following within 60 days of account opening: Have direct deposit of $250 or more made to the new account. The direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of the account owner’s paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security). OR Complete 10 debit card purchases. Multiple swipes for the same purchase amount at the same merchant do not qualify, and ATM transactions are not eligible. APY = annual percentage yield. Interest rate/APY/discounts:
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The M checking account required for this bonus has a $6 monthly fee, this is waived with a $250 or more monthly recurring direct deposit or $1,000 minimum average daily balance
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for 90 days to avoid any early account termination fee.
Previously bonuses of $150/$200 have been offered with similar requirements. Because of that I wouldn’t recommend doing this bonus and we won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses available.
Hat tip to reader byg12345
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times