Published on November 17th, 2019 | by William Charles1
[OK only] Focus Federal Credit Union $100 Referral Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, attend school or worship in Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Lincoln, Logan, McClain & Oklahoma counties in Oklahoma
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Focus Federal Credit Union is offering a referral bonus of $100 to both parties when the person being referred completes the following requirements:
- Open a checking account
- Activate at least two additional services out of the following: direct deposit, active debit card, e-Statements, online banking, new loan or credit card
The Fine Print
- Focus FCU reserves the right to discontinue the referral program at any time and without prior notice.
- To receive the referral bonus, the person being referred must be referred by an existing Focus FCU member, not be an existing Focus FCU member, and must not have closed an account with Focus FCU within the last 6 months.
- New members must establish membership, open a checking account, and activate at least two additional services to include: direct deposit, active debit card, e-Statements, online banking, new loan or credit card.
- Once the new member has met the account qualifications, the bonus will be deposited into the Primary Share account of both the referring member and the new member within 30 days of verification.
- To receive the referral bonus, both members’ accounts (existing and new) must be in good standing with no negative share balances or delinquent loans.
- Referral bonuses are reported as dividend income and any tax consequences are the responsibility of the recipient.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer by Focus FCU.
- New members must meet eligibility requirements.
- All accounts and loans are subject to approval.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The focus checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule.
Previously they have offered a $100 bonus but that required a direct deposit. This is a much better deal, feel free to share your referrals in the comments below just make sure to also let us know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open the account.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times