Published on February 18th, 2019 | by William Charles32
[Expired] [PA Only] Clearview Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update 2/17/19: Deal is back and valid until February 28th, 2019. Hat tip to reader Kumar.
Bonus is back for 2018. Thanks to reader EW.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Membership is open to individuals who live, work, volunteer, worship, attend school or have immediate family in Southwestern Pennsylvania which includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland Counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit if closed within six months
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2016 November 1st, 2016 November 1st, 2017 November 1st, 2018February 28th, 2019
- Open a money-saving Clearview Checking account and receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you complete the following:
- Use the promotional code GETPAID
- Sign up for eStatements
- Receive a recurring electronic deposit within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- The $200 bonus will be deposited to the new Absolute CheckingSM account once the conditions are met.
- Other checking account options are available but do not qualify for the $200 bonus.
- You will be required to sign up for eStatements.
- A recurring electronic deposit must be made within 90 days of account opening.
- The bonus will be reported to the IRS for tax purposes.
- Offer is only valid for new membership with a savings account and checking account.
- If the account is closed within six months once the conditions have been met, the $200 must be reimbursed to Clearview.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Maintain a $10,000 combined balance among all your Clearview deposits (savings, checking, IRAs and certificates), a $20,000 combined balance of your deposits and loans or deposit $5,000 or more in total direct deposits during the month and the $5.00 monthly fee ($2.00 for members age 25 and under) will be waived.
- Account must be opened by November 1, 2018. Promo Code ID200.
Update: Looks like there is now a $5 fee for this account. Waived if any of the following:
- Maintain a $10,000 combined balance among all your Clearview deposits (savings, checking, IRAs and certificates)
- a $20,000 combined balance of your deposits and loans or
- deposit $5,000 or more in total direct deposits during the month
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees or requirements. There is an early account termination fee of $10 if the account is closed within 90 days, you also need to keep the account open for six months or the bonus is forfeit.
Deal isn’t as good as before due to the monthly fee and the fact that is hard to avoid. The nice bit is the credit card funding. Another problem is how strict they are with the direct deposit requirement. If they aren’t very strict, I’d say this deal is worth doing even if it’s for a relatively small amount of money. We have one datapoint that just trial deposits work, so I doubt they will be very strict at all. Because of that we’ve added it to our list of the best bank account sign up bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank