This bonus is no longer being offered, you can see more checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in PA [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use coupon and open in branch
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $30, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2019
- Brentwood Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Kasasa cash checking account (or $100 if you open a Kasasa Cash Back account) and complete the following requirements:
- Open in branch with coupon (option to e-mail yourself the coupon on the landing page)
- Receive qualifying direct deposit(s) or $500 or more
The Fine Print
- You may earn a $200 reward if you open a new Kasasa Cash checking account. You may earn a $100 reward if you open a new Kasasa Cash Back checking account. You will only be considered for one reward amount, which is based on the product type you open.
- To qualify for the reward, the new checking account must be opened in a branch using the appropriate coupon beginning 6/24/2019 through 9/30/2019 and the following conditions must be met within the first 60 days: (a) Open the account with a minimum of $50 (b) qualifying recurring Direct Deposit(s) of $500 or more must be received.
- Your checking account must remain open and in good standing with a positive balance and no overdraft fees in order for you to receive the reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 60-90 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as “Cash Trans Promo Reward” on your monthly statement.
- This offer expires 9/30/2019.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into the Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account.
- The total amount of the qualifying Direct Deposits credited to your checking account must be at least $500.
- Credit card cash advance transfers, transfers from one account to another, person to person, or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify as qualifying Direct Deposits.
- New account will not be eligible for the offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing Brentwood Bank consumer checking account or has closed a consumer checking account within the past 90 days, or has been paid a promotional premium in the past 12 months.
- If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the premium.
- For this offer, signing authority will be defined by the customer name(s) and Social Security number(s) registered on the account. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market.
- The value of the reward may be reported on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099, and may be considered taxable income to you. Please consult your tax adviser regarding your specific situation.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Neither of the Kasasa cash accounts have a monthly fee to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this fee schedule there is a $30 fee if the account is closed within 90 days
We need to know if this is a hard or soft pull to open. If it’s a soft pull then I do think it’s worth doing. Because you need to open this account in branch you should be able to ask them if they do a soft/hard pull before opening the account. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below. I won’t be adding this to the best bank bonus page until we know more.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times