Published on April 21st, 2019 | by William Charles2
[Expired] [PA & MD only] ACNB/NWSB $300 Checking bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: PA/MD only only, have to go in branch even if you open online. Branch locator here for PA & here for MD. Must live close to a branch as well, one report of being denied and being within 30 miles.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $7.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open for one year to get the full bonus, if closed within first 120 days you will forfeit the first $100 bonus
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
July 31st, 2019 August 31st, 2019 September 30th, 2019November 23rd, 2019
- ACNB/NWSB is offering a bonus of up to $300 when you open a new advantage rewards checking account. The bonus is broken down as follows:
- $150 when you establish a reocurring direct deposit of $500 or more
- $150 is depositing at the year anniversary of the account as long as it’s active (has at least one transaction per month, positive monthly balance and maintains a direct deposit)
The Fine Print
- Offer valid April 1, 2019 through July 31, 2019, but is subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be combined with any ongoing offers, promotions or discounts.
- $150 Cash Gift: Offer does not apply to existing ACNB Bank personal checking account customers. The first $75 gift is deposited after establishing $500 or more in reoccurring direct deposits limited to Social Security, pension or payroll within the first 60 days of opening a new Basic Checking account: A $75 early closure fee will apply if the account is closed within the first 120 days of account opening. The second $75 is deposited at the year anniversary of the account as long as the account is active, meaning at least one transaction per month, has a positive average monthly balance and maintains a qualifying direct deposit. Limit of one $150 gift per account and per household/address. Gift will be deposited in the new account after steps have been verified.
- $300 Cash Gift: This offer includes all of the same parameters mentioned above, except the $300 gift applies only to Advantage Rewards Checking or Advantage Rewards Checking Plus. The second $150 will be paid as long as the account is active and has a qualifying direct deposit as mentioned above. Customer may be subject to 1099 MISC reporting.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Advantage Rewards Checking Plus has a $7.95 monthly fee, this is waived with an average daily balance of $1,000 or more
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for a full year to get the full bonus, if you close the account within 120 days of account opening you will forfeit the first bonus as well
Previously they offered a bonus of $400 with similar requirements, but a higher direct deposit requirement. This is still a nice big bonus, but it is annoying you need to keep the account open for a full year with a direct deposit to get the bonus. How attractive this is will likely depend if you can split your paycheck into multiple accounts or not (or if work arounds work, but even then I don’t like to risk it for a full year). I will add this to our best checking bonuses though as I don’t see the $400 offer returning any time soon.
Hat tip to reader S B
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times