Published on July 21st, 2018 | by William Charles10
Recap: Chef’d Shuts Down Unexpectedly, FoundersCard Benefit & More
- Amazon Rented 330k Hotel Rooms In Seattle Last Year by Monkey Miles. They must be getting some deep discounts on those rooms. I’m kind of surprised they don’t just build something out themselves at that volume, but I guess it’s not a steady stream of rooms needed but a spike around key dates.
- The Plastic Merchant Website Is Gone & With It Your Records by Miles to Memories. Looks to be down due to non payment. At least people can’t upload cards anymore.
- Another New FoundersCard Benefit for American Airlines! by Miles to Memories. 5%-10% discount in the form of a promo code, so shouldn’t be inflated prices.
- Meal-kit company Chef’d suddenly shut down and laid off its hundreds of employees by Business Insider. I know some readers had bought giftcards on heavy discount, unclear what will happen to those who have gift cards remaining. Usually it’s treated as unsecured debt and you’re unlikely to see the money again but that remains to be seen with Chef’d.
Deals expiring at the end of today (view the full deal calendar here):
- [Targeted] Select Banks: $100/$75/$50 Back for Spending $30 at AT&T – Moneymaker [BofA, Regions, Suntrust & More]
- [PA] Citadel Bank – $300 Checking Bonus + $100 Savings
- Office Depot: Purchase $50 In Office Depot Giftcards & Get 20% Back In Rewards
- eBay: 20% Off Items from Hundreds of Sellers, Max $50 Discount [Promo Code PRIMO]
- 10% eBay Bucks Promotion on Buying and Selling [Targeted]
Deals expiring at end of tomorrow:
- [PA & OH] S&T Bank $200 Business Checking Bonus
- Citi Cardholders: Get $30 when you Make 3 Paypal Purchases [Targeted]
- Citi American Airlines Card Changes: New MileUp Card & Improvements To Other Cards
- Raise: Up To 10% Off After Purchasing Food & Drink Giftcards
- Kroger: 4x Fuel Points on Visa/MC and Third Party Gift Cards (7/20 – 7/22)