Published on July 23rd, 2019 | by William Charles23
Recap: Extreme Hotel Deals, DoorDash Taking Tips & The Dark Side Of Affiliate Blogging
- My Frantic Life as a Cab-Dodging, Tip-Chasing Food App Deliveryman by NY Times. The way DoorDash handles tips is absurd. I’ll be making sure to tip only cash from now on.
- Behind Blogging: The “Dark” Side of Affiliate Relationships by Running With Miles. The main reason we don’t use credit card/bank account affiliate links is that often the card issuers/network will try have editorial control (e.g you can’t let people know about a previous better deal or a current better deal).
- You’ve probably seen me mention Extreme Hotel Deals before, basically a site for hotel price mistakes/deals. They have launched a new premium model, cost is normally $9.99 a month or $79 a year but you can get it for $39.50 when you use promo code mailinglist (valid until end of day). I haven’t used this new service, but have grabbed some public deals in the past. Probably best for people that can be flexible on travel plans, also worth remembering not to book nonrefundable things until closer to your stay as sometimes these deals are cancelled after booking by the hotel.
Deals starting/expiring at the end of today or starting today (view the full deal calendar here):
- Safeway: Save on $7 on $50 Hotels.com, Happy Bride, Beauty & More GC [Vons, Randall’s, Albertsons, Tom Thumb, Acme, Jewel, Shaw’s]
Deals starting/expiring at end of tomorrow:
Here are some of the most popular posts from past few days:
- R.I.P Giftcard Purchases Counting Towards American Express Airline Incidental Purchases
- Uber Testing New All In One Pass (Free JUMP Rides, Free Delivery On Uber Eats & Fixed Ride Discount On Uber)
- [YMMV] Delta: 20,000 Delta SkyBonus Points For Signing Up (Delta’s Business Program)