Published on January 10th, 2017 | by William Charles231
[Expired] Regions Bank $300-$350 Checking Bonus [AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, MS, MO, NC, SC, TN & TX]
This bonus has now expired, you can view a full list of the bonuses we recommend here.
Please note a lot of people seem to be having issues with Google Chrome, but not Microsoft Edge.
- Maximum bonus amount: $350
- Availability: AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, MS, MO, NC, SC, TN & TX. Note online opening doesn’t seem to work in some areas, according to some you need to live within 50 miles of a branch. [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: $500+
- Additional requirements: 10 checkcard purchases, Use the promotional code 300MC6
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 (and another $1,000 when you open a free savings account). American Express not accepted.
- Monthly fees: $5-$18, waive-able
- Early account termination fee: $25 if closed within 180 days
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: January 31st, 2017 (at least this is what shows when you e-mail yourself a voucher)
- Open a new LifeGreen checking Account by January 31, 2017 and a receive a bonus of up to $300 when you do the following:
- Use the promotional code 300MC6
- Make 10 purchases with a Regions Visa Checkcard (these must post within 60 days of account opening)
- Make $500 or more of qualifying ACH direct deposits such as payroll or government benefits deposit (within 60 days of account opening)
- You might be able to get another $50 by using a referral link (see below)
The Fine Print
- The offer is available only to the person who has registered and is non-transferable. (as mentioned before this was advertised on their FB page, so it doesn’t seem to be targeted)
- $300 bonus offer may not be combined with any other offer, does not apply if you have or had a Regions checking account on or after August 1, 2016, only applies to personal LifeGreen checking accounts, and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- To earn this bonus, you must meet all requirements of the offer described above within 60 days of opening your new account.
- If earned, the bonus will be issued within 120 days of meeting these requirements, and will be in the form of a credit to the new checking account, which must be open at the time the credit is issued.
- All LifeGreen checking accounts require a $50 minimum opening deposit.
- For accounts opened in Iowa, certain account fees are subject to Iowa State Tax of 6%, which will be assessed at the time the fee is charged, unless exempt. Taxes are the responsibility of the recipient. Regions associates are not eligible.
There is an early account closure fee of $25 if you close your account within 180 days of account opening. There are four checking accounts that are currently offered, but there are only two that should be really considered. You can compare all four by clicking here.
LifeGreen Checking $8-$10 Monthly Fee
This account can have it’s monthly fee removed if you do any of the following:
- Have an average monthly balance of $1,500 or more
- Receive a single qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more per cycle
- Receive cumulative direct deposits of $1,000 or more per cycle
LifeGreen eAccess Account $8-10 Monthly Fee
This account can have it’s monthly fee waived if you make 10 or more Regions card purchases per cycle
Referral Bonus $50
There is also a referral bonus you can receive in addition to this $300 bonus (bringing the total to $350). This has worked in the past, but it is no guarantee to work this time around. You need to mention the full name and e-mail address of the person who refers you to get this bonus (they’ll also receive a $50 bonus). Reader email@example.com let us know about this bonus, so feel free to e-mail them to get their referral information.
There has been a $300/$350 bonus before, but the location restrictions were much stricter. This seems to be open to their full 15 state footprint. I’d recommend reading through our previous posts about them if you have any questions as they might be answered there.
Honestly this is an awesome bonus and easily one of the best checking bonuses currently available. I don’t expect this too last long, so I’d recommend signing up sooner rather than later if you’re interested. For now please don’t share your referrals in the comments, I’d like to get confirmation that this is actually working for this bonus first.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank