Published on March 30th, 2019 | by William Charles17
[Expired] [Santa Clara, CA only] Star One Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, but the referral offer is still available. More details here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Star One offers membership to individuals who live, work, or attend school in Santa Clara County, as well employees of corporate sponsors, immediate family members* of current Star One members, and Star One Credit Union employees
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $300+ required
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and open money market account
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:April 8, 5 p.m
- Star One Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code RADIO
- Open a money market savings account and free checking account
- Have a direct deposit of at least $300 per month within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- $200 bonus is credited to your star one checking account once direct deposit can be verified which may take up to 60 days.
- Only first-time star one members qualify for bonus.
- Promotion not valid if combined with any other offer.
- All new accounts are subject to star one credit approval, account opening procedure, and truth-in-savings account and membership terms, disclosures and fee schedule.
- Fees may reduce earnings.
- Offer does not apply to minor and transfer to minor accounts
- Star one credit union management and staff are not eligible for the bonus.
- Bonus subject to irs reporting.
Both the checking account and money market account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
There is a smaller referral bonus for $120 for new members ($100 for the referrer) and that has no bonus requirements. That might be a better deal for some people that don’t want to deal with a direct deposit or have a friend that will refer them and give them at least $80 of the referrer bonus. Others will prefer this bonus because it’s bigger and there is no need to worry about setting up the referral. We will list both in the best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to ragormack
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times