Update 1/21/23: Deal is back, no end date listed. Hat tip to 14lopeza
Update 4/2/22: Extended until December 31, 2022.
Update 1/5/22: Extended through MARCH 31, 2022
Update 1/1/20: Deal is back and valid until March 31, 2021
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan or Westchester county all in NY
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $105
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
June 30th, 2019 October 29, 2019 December 31st, 2019 June 30th, 2020 September 30, 2020 December 31, 2020 March 31, 2021 June, 2021 September 30, 2021December 31, 2021.
- Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code PEEKSKILL200
- Set up direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive $200 bonus, member must use promo code and must qualify, open and maintain a new checking account with debit card, and direct deposit must be at least $500 or more made into MHV Checking Account within 60 days of account opening or bonus will be forfeited.
- One bonus per member with no additional or previous checking accounts within the past 2 years.
- Bonus will be deposited in primary share within 30 days of direct deposit and is subject to IRS reporting.
- Offer valid through June 30, 2019.
- Offer subject to terminate at any time. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Existing members must be in good standing.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so not sure if there is any EATF or not.
Need to know whether it’s a hard or soft pull to open, if anybody decides to go for this bonus then please share your experiences and data points below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 10/11/20: Deal is back and valid until December 31, 2020.
- Update 9/12/20: Deal is back and valid until September 30, 2020. Hat tip to reader Harold
- Update 4/18/20: Deal is back and valid until June 30th, 2020.
- Update 9/4/19: Deal has been extended until October 29, 2019. Hat tip to reader Joe F
- Update 8/28/19: Deal is back and valid until August 31st, 2019. Hat tip to reader Joe F
Opened account on 2/28. Approved on 3/1.
ACH Push from Fidelity on 3/2
Bonus posted 3/3
Paypal coded as DD. Received $200 bonus to the savings account almost immediately.
applied on 1/21 (weekend so no email from them). called today and they sent me the forms to be sent back via email.. Approved with no docs requested. I see no hard pull yet. But a discrepancy.. Is it only 1 500.00 DD or a 500.00 DD every month? I emailed them and will let everyone know.
Applied yesterday and everything went through fine. Was told I’d receive an email with decision within 1 business day. Got a secure message today requesting ID and letter with proof of volunteering as I put that I volunteer in Westchester county.
So what kind of volunteering you do?
Declined due to consumer report.
How many inquiries in the last 12/24 months?
I’m not sure where you guys check for checking inquiries , id say about 10 in the last 12 months and about 19 in the last 24 months(including rejected applications)
I was in the final step, pending credit charge and they asked me to send a picture of my id and pay stub, after I sent those I got a rejection email and I will be refunded within 3-5 days since the charge went through using my citizens credit card
They are also currently offering a 12 mo. “flex” CD 4.71% apy (3 mo. T-bill + .25)
Different bank but still an excellent rate.
Oops, yeah, DOH!
MHVFCU vs. HVCU.
Some useless trivia-
Both former IBM employee credit unions, MHVFCU started with Kingston workers, HVCU Poughkeepsie. HVCU was HVFCU for quite a while but converted from federal to NYS chartered institution a few years ago. Other than a leading or trailing account type identifier or placeholder 0’s old-timers often have the same account #’s at both because they were generated from their IBM “man number”.
I think their branches in Rhinebeck NY are less than a mi. apart.
Deal is back William Charles Chuck
anyone was able to open OOS?
Must live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan or Westchester county all in NY