Published on November 2nd, 2019 | by William Charles10
[Expired] [Select Areas In NY] Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Deal has now ended, view more checking bonuses by clicking here
Update 9/4/19: Deal has been extended until October 29, 2019. Hat tip to reader Joe F
Update 8/28/19: Deal is back and valid until August 31st, 2019. Hat tip to reader Joe F
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Dutchess, Orange or Ulster county all in NY
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $105
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
June 30th, 2019 October 29, 2019December 31st, 2019
- Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GETHOLIDAY200
- Set up direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive $200 bonus, member must use promo code and must qualify, open and maintain a new checking account with debit card, and direct deposit must be at least $500 or more made into MHV Checking Account within 60 days of account opening or bonus will be forfeited.
- One bonus per member with no additional or previous checking accounts within the past 2 years.
- Bonus will be deposited in primary share within 30 days of direct deposit and is subject to IRS reporting.
- Offer valid through June 30, 2019.
- Offer subject to terminate at any time. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Existing members must be in good standing.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so not sure if there is any EATF or not.
Need to know whether it’s a hard or soft pull to open, if anybody decides to go for this bonus then please share your experiences and data points below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times