Published on January 11th, 2017 | by sirtheta61
[Targeted] Capital One 360 $200 Checking Bonus
This offer is targeted, but there’s at least one conflicting DP which indicates that it may not be targeted (conflicting information from customer service representatives is nothing new; the majority of DPs indicate it is targeted). You should be able to call 1-888-464-0727 (press 2) to check if you are targeted. A customer service representative may also be able to pull up different offers for you.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide, but targeted
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Make either 4 ATM deposits or withdrawals or debit card transactions OR make 2 mobile check deposits within the first 60 days.
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: January 31, 2017
- Open a new Capital One 360 checking account with the promo code DCC200 and receive a $200 bonus when you:
- Make either 4 ATM deposits, 4 ATM withdrawals, or 4 debit card transactions in the first 60 days, OR
- Make 2 mobile check deposits in the first 60 days
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the bonus, you must be the primary account holder, and this has to be your first 360 Checking Account (this includes former Electric Orange accounts, too).
- You must enter the promo code DCC200 when opening the account to be eligible to receive the bonus.
- To earn the $100 bonus you must accept the terms and conditions on a new 360 Checking Account by January 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET AND either make 4 ATM deposits or withdrawals or debit card transactions OR make 2 mobile check deposits
- You will receive the $200 credit to your checking account about 90 days after accepting the terms.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One Bank new account opening offer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest, and as such you have to pay taxes on them.
There are no monthly fees on this account and no early account termination fee.
Recently there have been targeted offers of $400+, but the last big public offers were in 2014 (apart from this brief public $100 offer). If you’re targeted, this is a very good bonus due to its easy requirements. Do note that these bonuses are once per lifetime! You can’t take advantage of this one if you’re gunning for a $400 offer.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank