This offer is no longer available.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Two direct deposits of $250 or more
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: January 31st, 2017
- Open a new Capital One 360 checking account and receive a $100 bonus when you:
- Receive two direct deposits of $250 or more within 60 days of accepting the terms
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the bonus, you must be the primary account holder, and this has to be your first 360 Checking account (this includes former Electric Orange accounts, too)
- To earn the $100 bonus, you must open a 360 Checking Account between October 27, 2016, and January 31, 2017, 11:59p.m. ET, and receive 2 direct deposits of $250 or more within 60 days of your acceptance of account terms and conditions.
- You will receive the $100 credit to your checking account about 90 days after your acceptance of account terms and conditions.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One Bank new account opening offer.
- Direct deposits must be an electronic deposit of one of the following: your paycheck from your employer, Social Security/pension or other government benefits. Direct deposit is subject ot employer or other payor options.
There are no monthly fees on this account and no early account termination fee.
This is an extension of this bonus that was previously only offered in three states. We haven’t seen a public nationwide Capital One 360 bonus since 2014 but recently Capital One have been sending out targeted bonuses for these accounts for anywhere from $100-$400.
It’s really up to you to decide whether to wait and hope for a targeted higher bonus, or grab this $100 bonus. This is definitely an easy bonus (they haven’t really been strict on what actually triggers the direct deposit requirement before). I’d probably recommend doing one or more of the other bonuses we recommend first and hoping for a higher targeted bonus, you always have until January of next year to actually do this one.
Hat tip to reader Jason
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank