Published on July 19th, 2019 | by Chuck6
[Targeted] Citi Rewards+: 25,000 Point Sign Up Bonus Offer
No direct link, targeted mailer
- Citi is sending out to some people a mail offer for an increased sign up bonus on the Citi Rewards+ card: get 25,000 Citi ThankYou points after $2,000 in purchases within the first three months.
- No annual fee
- Card earns ThankYou points
- Earn 2x points on grocery and gas, up to $6,000 per year, then 1x
- Earn 1x points on everything else
- Card does not support most ThankYou points transfers.
- Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou®Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
- Low intro rate on purchases and balance transfers
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- Round up feature which rounds up the amount of points earned to the nearest 10. Every transaction will earn at least 10 points, even a $1 charge at the vending machine.
- 10% rebate on all redeemed points each year, on up to the first 100,000 redeemed points
25,000 is the best we’ve seen. The launch sign up bonus was 15,000 points, we also saw a 20,000 points offer via Credit Karma and a 10,000 point + $100 live nation credit. I assume this offer has the 24 month restrictive language, and thus it’s probably better to get a higher sign up bonus on the Premier or Prestige instead of doing this offer; the Rewards+ card mostly makes sense as a downgrade option.
Interesting how hidden and easy to miss the signup bonus information is on this mailer. Not sure how widely this offer was sent out. If you have any questions about Citi cards, read this post as they are most likely answered there.
Hat tip again to Travelwithgrant