Published on December 8th, 2014 | by William Charles5
[Targeted] Spend $300 Or More At BestBuy & Receive $30 Statement Credit When You Use An Eligible American Express Card
- Receive a $30 statement credit when you spend $300 or more at any Best Buy store, Best Buy Mobile location or online at BestBuy.com. Follow these instructions to get the credit:
- Enroll any eligible cards at the official offer page found here
- Make a purchase of $300 or more at any Best Buy store, Best Buy Mobile location or at BestBuy.com by December 31st, 2014
- Receive $30 statement credit
The Fine Print
- Valid until December 31st, 2014
- It’s possible to register more than one card, but only cards that have been targeted will be able to sign up
- Not valid on e-gift card and corporate gift card purchases
- Not valid at Best Buy Express, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Private Store & Auction, on Geek Squad® services purchased outside of Best Buy stores or at standalone Pacific Sales stores
- Statement credit will appear on your account within 90 days after the offer end date
- Offer available to cards not issued by American Express (e.g if it has the American Express logo, it might be eligible). Should be available on some cards issued by: American Express, Bank of America, First National Bank of Omaha, Citibank, USAA Savings Bank, Barclays Bank Delaware, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, and GE Capital Retail Finance
- Not available on corporate cards or prepaid products
This is a pretty timely offer considering our recent post titled “Everything you ever wanted to know about Buying Gift Cards at Best Buy“. I’d strongly recommend reading that post if you plan to purchase any giftcards from American Express for this offer. Remember that egift cards do not count for this promo. Best Buy sells a number of gift cards which you might find useful:
- Visa Variable load gift cards $20-$200, fee of $5.95
- Best Buy Gift cards
- Lots of different gas gift cards
This deal will be the the most profitable if you have it on two or more cards, in which case you can ask the cashier to split tender. Here is what I’d do:
- Purchase three * Visa variable load gift cards and load each with $200, these have a fee of $5.95 each (total cost: $617.85)
- Ask the cashier to split the payment over two cards that are enrolled in this offer, this will trigger the $30 statement credit on each card (+$60)
- You’ll also earn ~617.85 rewards points or more, depending on the cards used
Total profit is $42.15 plus rewards points. If you’ve only got this on one card here is what you can do:
- Purchase two * Visa variable load gift cards and load each with $200, these have a fee of $5.95 each (total cost: $411.9)
- Receive one $30 statement credit
- You’ll also earn 411.9 credit card rewards points or more, depending on the cards used
Total profit is $18.1 if you’ve only got the deal on one card.
If you want to purchase products from BestBuy is 5% through ShopDiscover, you should receive cash back even if you don’t use a Discover card but obviously do this at your own risk. Alternatively Shop At Home is at 3.5% and BeFrugal is at 2.5%. Enjoy guys, this is another great deal. Let us know how many of your cards get targeted in the comments.
Earlier in the year there was also another spend $250 or more and receive $25 statement credit deal, some people are reporting that they were targeted for both deals on the same cards. I’m not sure if these two deals will stack, but in the past they have which could make this even more of an good deal.
After registering your cards you should receive an e-mail with the subject line “Thank you for Registering”.
Hat tip to slickdealuser123 from Slickdeals