Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: “This offer is only valid for the addressee and is not transferable”
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: $5,000 in deposits, online banking, 5 transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to
$50$200 with a credit card online
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One per company
- Expiration date: May 31, 2022
Direct link to offer (note the fine print: “This offer is only valid for the addressee and is not transferable”)
- Earn $500 when you open a new business checking account and complete qualifying activities.
- Open a new U.S. Bank Silver, Gold or Platinum Business Checking Account with the promo code CKEUM8Z.
- Deposit $5,000 in new money within 30 days of account opening and maintain for 60 days.
- Enroll in the U.S. Bank Mobile App or U.S. Bank Online Banking within 90 days of account opening.
Complete five qualifying transactions within 90 days of offer enrollment (Debit card purchases, Merchant deposits, ACH credits, Wires credits/debits, Mobile Check Deposit or Bill Pay).
Here’s an alternative link with a similar offer – that one is somehow tied to the credit card.
- Offer valid through May 31, 2022.
- Promo code CKEUM8Z MUST be used when opening the business checking account.
- This offer is only valid for the addressee and is not transferable.
- Limit of one Business Checking bonus per existing business card customer.
- A $100 minimum deposit is required to open a U.S. Bank Silver, Gold, Gold Business Checking with Interest, or Platinum Business Checking account.
- Earn your $500 cash bonus by opening a new U.S. Bank Silver Business Checking, Gold Business Checking, Gold Business Checking with Interest, or Platinum Business Checking account before 05/31/2022. You must make new deposit(s) of at least $5,000 in new money deposits (Direct, Mobile, ACH or Wires) within 30 days of account opening. The new money deposit cannot be funds held by U.S. Bank or its affiliates. Additionally, an individual signer on the new checking account must be enrolled in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App within 90 days of account opening and complete 5 qualifying transactions: Debit card purchases, Merchant deposits, ACH credits, Wires credits/debits, Mobile Check Deposit and Bill Pay within 90 days of account opening.
- The cash bonus will be deposited in your U.S. Bank business checking account within 45 days of offer qualification verification, if the account is open and has a positive balance.
- Offer may not be combined with any other business credit card or checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the new business checking account have an existing U.S. Bank business checking account or had a U.S. Bank business checking account in the last 24 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them.
The easiest method is to open the Silver account which has no monthly maintenance fee at all. If you open one of the higher end accounts you’ll need to qualify for the monthly fee waiver.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about.
This is a nice online bonus. The fine print make this offer sound targeted, though maybe anyone who chanced on the webpage is called the “addressee”? We have to see how this plays out.
I’d guess the 24-month rule in the fine print is only for business bonuses, not personal bank bonuses, though we haven’t confirmed that. This is not a public bonus so we won’t be adding this to our best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to Astheworldchurnd
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times