Published on April 19th, 2017 | by William Charles32
[Targeted][PA & MD, OH, WV, VA & D.C. only] First National Bank (FNB) $250 Checking Promotion
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: All locations are in PA & MD, OH, WV & D.C. [Branch locator]. Apparently you can open online in VA also.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, total of $2,500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $50, all payment networks are accepted.
- Monthly fees: None, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $50, 180 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: June 17th, 2017
No direct link, see mail out below
- Open a new First National Bank checking account online (with promo code, note this might be unique) or in branch by bringing the mailer and earn a bonus of $250 when you complete the following requirements:
- Open a Freestyle, Mystyle, Lifestyle or Premierstyle account with a minimum opening deposit of $50
- Set up and receive qualifying direct deposits totalling at least $2,500 or more within the first 90 days of account open
The Fine Print
- A $50 minimum deposit is required when opening an account online. To receive the $250 reward, the following conditions must be satisfied: 1) set-up and have a qualifying direct deposit(s) totaling $2,500 or greater made to your new personal checking account within the first 90 days after account opening online; and 2) your account must be in good standing once the above conditions are satisfied.
- Then your $250 reward will be credited to this open account on the next business day following the 90 days after account opening.
- Your qualifying direct deposit(s) needs to be an electronic-type deposit, similar but not limited to, paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or other affiliated depositors.
- Offer valid for new personal checking accounts opened April 17, 2017 through June 17, 2017.
- Offer subject to change without prior notice and may be terminated or extended based on response.
- Offer does not apply to multiple checking accounts.
- Existing FNB checking accounts or accounts converting to another personal checking account are NOT eligible for this offer.
- You can receive only one new checking account reward related offer per household per calendar year
- Bank employees and members of their household are not eligible for this promotion.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest account to keep fee free is Freestyle checking, there is no monthly fee as long as you have eStatements enabled. There is an early account termination fee of $50 if the account is closed within 180 days.
If you’re targeted then this is obviously a great deal. The real questions are:
- Is the promo code unique? If not, can anybody open online and receive the bonus or do they have a list of addresses they sent the offer to?
- Can anybody just go in branch and open the account and get the account without the flyer?
If anybody received this offer can you please send a copy of the offer to email@example.com? Thanks in advance. You can view all the bonuses we currently recommend by clicking here.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications