- Get a bonus of up to $2,500 open a new TD Ameritrade account. Bonuses are tiered as follows:
- $2,500 bonus when you open a new account with $2,000,000+
- $1,500 bonus when you open a new account with $1,000,000+
- $700 bonus when you open a new account with $500,000
- $350 bonus when you open a new account with $250,000
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for one new Individual, Joint, or IRA TD Ameritrade account opened by 12/31/2020 and funded within 60 calendar days of account opening.
- To receive $350 bonus, account must be funded with $250,000- $499,999. To receive $700 bonus, account must be funded with $500,000- $999,999. To receive $1,500 bonus, account must be funded with $1,000,000-$1,999,999. To receive $2,500 bonus, account must be funded with $2,000,000 or more.
- Offer is not valid on tax-exempt trusts, 401(k) accounts, Keogh plans, profit sharing plans, money purchase plans, accounts managed by TD Ameritrade Investment Management, LLC, TD Ameritrade Institutional accounts, or current TD Ameritrade accounts.
- Offer is not transferable, is not valid with internal transfers, and is not valid in conjunction with certain other offers.
- Limit one offer per client.
- Account value of the qualifying account must remain equal to, or greater than, the value after the net deposit was made (minus any losses due to trading or market volatility or Emargin debit balances) for 12 months, or TD Ameritrade may charge the account for the cost of the offer at its sole discretion. TD Ameritrade reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for any cash deposits to post to account. (Offer Code: EN2500)
TD Ameritrade has removed commission on stocks ETFs and options like most other brokerages. You need to retain the balance for at least 12 months (minus any losses/gains). We recently saw a bonus of up to $1,000. That only require a deposit of $250,000, whereas with this new promotion that same bonus would only net you $350. There are much better brokerage bonuses out there so I’d recommend sticking to one of those until this offer improves again.
Hat tip to reader lilurbanachiever