Published on August 25th, 2019 | by William Charles17
[DFW, TX only] Credit Union of Texas $250 Checking Bonus
Bonus is back for 2019. Hat tip to reader Bart M
Bonus is back for 2017. Thanks to reader Tyler.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Have to open in branch and all branches are located in Texas. [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $600+ per month for six months
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- Credit card funding: Yes, unknown amount
- Monthly fees: $6-$10, not waivable.
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st,
No direct link, offer in branch
- Receive a bonus of matching bonus of up to $250 when you open a new secure or secure PLUS checking account with Credit Union of Texas & receive a direct deposit of $600 or more per month. The matching bonus is based on your initial deposit, so make sure you deposit at least $250 to get the full bonus.
The Fine Print
- Restrictions may apply.
- Matching deposit bonus offer is only valid on Secure Checking and Secure Checking PLUS.
- Offer not valid on 2nd checking accounts.
- Limit one checking account related award/premium per household.
- Coupon must be presented at account opening. This offer is valid on new checking accounts only and not in combination with other offers. To receive
the $250 checking deposit match bonus: 1) Open a new Secure or Secure PLUS Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a minimum of $25 at account opening. (This initial
deposit is what will be matched, up to $250 if all conditions are met.); AND 3) Have a direct deposit of at least $600 a month deposited to the account within 60 days of account opening.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as social security) from your employer or the government.
- Matching deposit
bonus amount will be determined by the initial deposit made when opening the new checking account and will not exceed $250. The account must not have a negative balance to receive
- Checking account with direct deposit must remain open for a minimum of six months or matching deposit bonus may be debited from account at closing.
- Matching deposit bonus is considered interest and is reportable on IRS for 1099-INT
Membership Fee $10
There is a $10 membership fee to join. You have to be a member to sign up for this bonus.
Early Account Termination Fee
You need to keep your account open and in good standing and continue to receive direct deposits of $600 per month for six months otherwise they will claw back the bonus.
Secured $6 Monthly Fee
Only way to waive this fee is to be under 25 years of age
Secured Plus $10 Monthly Fee
Only way to waive this fee is to be a veteran.
You’re going to end up paying at least $40 for this bonus ($10 to join and $30 in monthly fees), so really the bonus is for a bit less (especially if you take into account taxes). It’s impossible to know if it’s a good deal or not without knowing if it’s a hard or soft pull, so please share your knowledge in the comments. We haven’t added it to our list of the best bank promos because of this.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank