Published on April 13th, 2019 | by William Charles25
[Expired] [TX Only] JSC Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Promotion
Deal has expired, view more bank bonuses by clicking here.
Update 4/13/19: Bonus is back and available again
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school Houston, Galveston County, or Texas City. You can also join if you work for one of the 2,000+ partners or if an immediate family member is already a member of JSC Federal Credit Union.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Visa debit, eStatements & home banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $5, 180 days
- Expiration date:
July 31st, 2018None listed
- JSC Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code ADDCHECKING
- Become a new JSC FCU member and open new checking account with a Visa debit card, home banking & eStatements
- Receive a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening (no minimum specified)
The Fine Print
- To redeem the $100 deposit you must bring this flyer in to any JSC FCU branch location or by entering the promo code online.
- To qualify for the $100 deposit, you must be a JSC FCU member or become a member (by opening a Savings Account with a minimum $5 deposit) of JSC FCU, and open a new Checking Account with Direct Deposit, VISA Debit Card, Home Banking and eStatements.
- Existing Checking Accounts, Secondary Checking Accounts or Secondary Money Market Accounts are not eligible to receive the $100 incentive. A
- minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a Checking Account.
- For new members, you must open the Checking Account at the same time you join JSC FCU.
- The $100 will be deposited after the first direct deposit into the Checking Account.
- The direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of the account opening.
- Allow up to three weeks after the first direct deposit for the incentive to be applied.
- . “Bonus” is considered interest and maybe reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Please consult your tax adviser on any legal, tax, or financial issues related to your bonus or personal matters.
- JSC FCU reserves the right to cancel or change these promotions/events at any time, for any
reason, without prior notice.
This account has no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule a fee of $5 is charged if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening.
They offered a $100 checking bonus earlier this year. It’s not a huge deal at only $100, but might be worth doing for those that are in the eligible area that have already done bigger and easier bonuses to complete.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times