Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Nationwide (excludes NY & FL unless you have an existing relationship)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $3,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $250 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $6.95-$24.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: April 30, 2021
- U.S. Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code 21WEB04
- Open a Platinum checking or easy checking account by April 30, 2021
- Complete two recurring direct deposits that total $3,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
- To earn the $250 bonus offer, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) online by April 30, 2021.
- Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits that total $3,000 or more within 60 days of account opening and be enrolled in e-statements by May 14, 2021.
- A direct deposit is an electronic deposit of your paycheck or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- Other electronic deposits or person to person payments are not considered a direct deposit. The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in e-statements as long as your account is open and has a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earn on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers. Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months.
- You must use the promotion code listed on these offers when you apply.
- If you navigate away from this page, the promotion code is not automatically included and you will need to manually input the code during your application.
- Limit one checking offer bonus per person
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easy Checking $6.95
This account has a $6.95 monthly fee, this is waived if you do any of the following:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000+
- Average account balance of $1,500
- Account holders age 65 or greater
Platinum Checking $24.95
The Platinum checking account package has a $24.95 monthly fee. This is waived with :
- $25,000 in combined personal deposits, credit balances with U.S. Bank and/or investments through U.S. Bancorp Investments OR
- A personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management
- U.S. military, both former and active, can get the platinum checking without the monthly fee
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about
Not as good as the recent $400 bonus. That comes around fairly frequently so I’d recommend just waiting for that bonus to return. Because of that I won’t be adding this to the best bank account bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times