Deal has expired, view current bonus by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live in U.S. Bank’s footprint
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two deposits totaling $2,000 or more
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and online/mobile banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $6.95 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:March 31, 2020
- U.S. Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account package and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code 2020Q1C
- Receive recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
- Be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or U.S. bank mobile app by April 7, 2020
The Fine Print
- You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply.
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
- To earn the $300 bonus offer, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) online by March 31, 2020.
- Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening and be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App by April 7, 2020.
- For assistance in enrolling in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App, contact customer service or your local branch.
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- The account must be open and have a positive balance. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- All regular account opening procedures apply.
- Limit of one bonus per household.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $6.95 monthly fee and is waived if you meet any of the following requiremnets:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+ – or –
- Average account balance of $1,500.- or –
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
This account has a $14.95 monthly fee but is waived if you have a U.S. Bank credit card. Many of us have a U.S. Bank personal credit card like Altitude, Flexperks, or Cash+ which would work to keep the account fee-free. Another option is to get the Gold account and get the fee waived if you have a good credit score and join the Because You’ve Earned It program.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about
This is a somewhat frequent offer and basically the best checking bonus that U.S. Bank offers. Definitely worth doing if you haven’t already done this bonus, we will be adding it to our list of the best checking bonuses. There is a $400 in branch bonus, that is sometimes available but that is very YMMV.
Hat tip to reader Swirl
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times