Published on November 27th, 2019 | by William Charles44
[Expired] [YMMV, In Branch only] U.S. Bank Up To $400 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more checking bonuses by clicking here.
Last day for this offer is today, keep in mind there is an online offer as well but only for $300. That one doesn’t end until December 8th
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: In branch only, might not be available at all branches
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two deposits totaling $4,000 or more for full bonus
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and online/mobile banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $6.95 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:11/27/19
No direct link to offer, maybe selected branches only?
- U.S. Bank is offering a bonus of up to $400 when you open a new checking account in branch and complete the following:
- Use promo code 2019 Fall Checking Offer
- Complete at least two direct deposits within 60 days of account opening. Direct deposits total you receive will determine your bonus:
- $1,000-$1,999.99, $100 bonus
- $2,000-$3,999.99, $200 bonus
- $4,000+, $400 bonus
- Be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile app by December 4th, 2019
The Fine Print
- Promo code must be used when you apply
- $25 minimum opening deposit is required
- Bonus will post to your account within 60 days of verifying the direct deposit
- Offer not valid if you or any signer on the account have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. bank checking in the last six months or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers in the last 12 months
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $6.95 monthly fee and is waived if you meet any of the following requiremnets:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+ – or –
- Average account balance of $1,500.- or –
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
This account has a $14.95 monthly fee but is waived if you have a U.S. Bank credit card. Many of us have a U.S. Bank personal credit card like Altitude, Flexperks, or Cash+ which would work to keep the account fee-free. Another option is to get the Gold account and get the fee waived if you have a good credit score and join the Because You’ve Earned It program.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about
This is better than the standard $300 bonus that we usually see once or twice a year. Downside to this offer is that it’s only available in branch and it might not be available at all branches. In addition the direct deposit requirement is slightly higher as well. If this turns out to be available to everybody and at all branches I will be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader John C
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times