Uber has again partnered with Capital One to offer a special for Quicksilver credit cardholders.
- Pay for your Uber rides with the CapitalOne QuickSilver credit card and get your 10th Uber ride free, up to a $15 value
- This offer is ongoing through March 2017; after each nine paid rides, you get the the 10th free
This offer is valid both on the no-annual-fee QuickSilver card and the $39-annual-fee QuickSilver One card.
You’ll be able to track your progress and see any free rides you’ve earned. You don’t have to redeem the 10th ride as the free one; you’ll have the option to redeem it now or any time in the future through April 2017.
The Fine Print
- Must pay with Quicksilver card
- Free rides can be used through April 2017
- To confirm you’re successfully set up, visit the payments section in your Uber app. You’ll be able to track your progress and see any free rides you’ve earned.
- If you remove either your Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card from your account, your Uber rides will no longer count toward earning a free ride; as soon as you re-add a Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card, you will pick up from where you left off
- If you add a new Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card, you will pick up from where you left off. Note: if you remove your old Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card, your progress towards earning a free ride will not be visible until you add a new Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card to your account.
- No matter how many Quicksilver cards are linked to your accounts, each ride will only count once towards a free ride at a time.
Interesting how Capital One is keeping themselves in relevance for Uber users, after their 20% off deal with QuickSilver last year which just ended. I guess it could make sense to even apply for the card if you are really a heavy Uber user (the no-annual-fee version has $100 signup bonus to boot), although last year’s 20% off deal was better for most.
Uber is also testing out a loyalty program (ride 15 times, get $25 back) for select riders in the L.A. area.