Published on May 1st, 2017 | by Chuck125
How Did Your US Bank Altitude Application Go?
Lots of us are applying now for the Altitude card. There are three different replies the system is giving:
- Approval (yay!)
- Denial “Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card. At this time we are unable to approve your application based on the information you have provided. You will receive additional information on your application request via U.S. Mail in 7-10 business days. Or, you may call 800-654-0648 for more information.”
- Pending “We are unable to provide a decision at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. You will be notified of a decision by U.S. Mail in 7 to 10 business days.” It then goes on to give an option to get an email notification as well.
A few things to note:
- A lot of people are getting high credit limits in the $20k-$40k range, but we’ve also seen reported approvals under $10k. It’ll have to be at least $5k like all Visa Infinite cards.
- There have been those who were approved with their ARS and Sagestream reports frozen or unfrozen so that doesn’t seem to be making a difference so far.
- So far, it’s been mostly Transunion pulls, with a couple reports of Experian mixed in. See also Which Credit Bureau does US Bank Pull?
All reports of Denial that I’ve seen so far are due to the fact that US Bank didn’t recognize them as existing customers, despite them being US Bank credit cardholders who are eligible to apply.
I’m haven’t yet seen someone denied due to credit reasons. They are probably only denying applications manually for now.
This denial response is not resulting in a hard pull, which makes sense being that they simply don’t recognize you as being able to apply.
If you got this response, most people are having success calling the number shown (800-654-0648) and getting them to put in the application for processing. Processing will then take a few days until you get a verdict.
Note: Not everyone who only has a card relationship is getting this reply. It’s not clear why some people’s card relationship’s are being recognized and other’s are not.
Many have noted that it’s possible to apply for the Altitude card from within your US Bank login. I haven’t seen any indication that this helps cross the hurdle of US Bank recognizing you as an existing customer, so probably no reason to bother doing this, but it certainly can’t hurt.
The pending reply means that they’ll be manually reviewing. It’s not necessarily a bad sign, but there’s certainly a chance of denial.
We haven’t yet heard of many manual approvals; they are making most of us wait a few days as they go through the applications and decide. My application went pending, and the recon rep declined to process the application instantly, stating that I’d have to wait a few days for the manual decision.
Those who got the Pending message are seeing a hard pull already now (mostly Transunion, as noted above).
The US Bank status check and reconsideration numbers are: 800-947-1444 or 800-685-7680. They are open 8am – 8 pm Monday to Friday, 9 am – 6 pm Saturday, closed Sunday. You can call any time for an automated phone status check (option 1 then option 1). Not worth calling in until they render a decision, but in case of denial try reconsideration.