Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: VA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $500+ for two consecutive months
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: June 28th, 2019
- Virginia Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Have at least two direct deposits of any combination of a paycheck, pension payment, Social Security payment, or other eligible monthly income of $500 or greater electronically deposited into the account from an employer or outside agency for two consecutive months within 120 days of opening
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for the $100 cash bonus, you must 1) be 18 years of age or older 2) Open a new personal checking account, by June 28, 2019, AND 3) Have at least two direct deposits of any combination of a paycheck, pension payment, Social Security payment, or other eligible monthly income of $500 or greater electronically deposited into the account from an employer or outside agency for two consecutive months within 120 days of opening. We reserve the right to request documentation that the direct deposits qualify.
- Cash bonus is only available to new and existing members that do not currently have a personal checking account or direct deposit history with us within the prior 12 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Regular checking has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
Looks like it’s a bonus worth doing due to the soft pull and the small amount of credit card funding. Obviously not the biggest or easiest bonus to do, so will be adding this towards the bottom of our best checking bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times