Published on August 13th, 2018 | by Chuck75
[Expired] [WA, CA, OR, ID, HI] HomeStreet Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: Branches are in WA, CA, OR, ID, HI. Available online or in-branch; probably only available online to those within the bank’s footprint.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $15 if closed within 90 days
- Household limit: One per mailing address
- Expiration date: August 15th, 2018
- HomeStreet Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open the Premium Select checking account and receive a direct deposit of $1,000 within 60 days.
- HomeStreet Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open the Select Checking account and receive a direct deposit of $1,000 within 60 days.
The Fine Print
- Valid online or in branch between 08/09/2018 and 08/15/2018.
- Minimum opening deposit of $100.
- Receive qualifying direct deposits of $1,000.00 or more within the first 60 calendar days of account opening. A qualifying direct deposit is an electronic deposit from your employer, pension, or government benefits (such as social security). However, federal income tax refunds, or any state income tax refunds, are not considered qualifying direct deposits. Person-to-Person and bank transfers between your HomeStreet Bank accounts or accounts you have at other financial institutions or brokerages also do not qualify.
- Bonus will be paid within 100 calendar days of account opening if the bonus requirements are met.
- Your new account must remain open until the bonus is processed in order to receive the bonus.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- This offer is only available to new HomeStreet Bank consumer checking account customers. This offer is not available to existing HomeStreet Bank consumer checking customers (either as the primary or secondary account holder) or individuals who have had a HomeStreet Bank consumer checking account in the last 12 months. Bank employees and members of their household are not eligible for this promotion.
- Limit of one new consumer checking account bonus per individual and per mailing address. If the customer or other individuals residing at the same address received or may receive any other consumer checking bonus from HomeStreet Bank within the last 12 months prior to this account opening then no one at the address is eligible.
- The new account is available only to individuals and is not available to businesses, non-profits, or for use as a personal retirement account.
- HomeStreet Bank reserves the right to deduct the bonus from the account at closing if the account is closed by the customer or bank within 180 calendar days after account opening.
- Premium Checking comes with a $10 monthly fee; maintain a $2,500 balance to avoid monthly fee. Select checking does not come with any monthly fees.
- There is an early account termination fee of $15 if the account is closed within 90 days of account opening.
- You need to keep the account open for 180 days to avoid having the bonus clawed back.
L0oks like a pretty sweet bonus and much easier than prior bonuses. Just meet the direct deposit requirement and you’ll get $300. You do need to park $2,500 there for 180 days to avoid the monthly fee, or else swallow the monthly fee or do the $200 bonus.
Readers note that they are Chex sensitive and will close the account if they don’t like your Chex. Only worth doing if yours has light activity.
Big thanks to many readers who let us know about this (AJ, DP, Nate, KL, MQ). Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times