Published on November 26th, 2016 | by William Charles33
[Expired] [OR, WA only] Columbia Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit
This offer has expired, but there are lots more great checking promos here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must Live or work in Washington State or the Oregon community of Clackamas, Marion, Multnomah or Washington Counties
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft. Now a report of a hard pull. Seems to be soft in branch and hard online.
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2016
- Columbia Credit Union are offering a $100 bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the followng requirements:
- Add a debit card
- Add online banking
- Enroll in eStatements
The Fine Print
- Qualifying E-Services must be enrolled by 12/31/2016 on the Columbia CU member’s personal checking account with an active status.
- Member must be 18 or older as of 12/31/2016.
- E-Services cannot be associated with fiduciary titled checking such as UTTMA, Trust, Estate, Rep Payee etc.
- Business accounts are not eligible.
- $100 E-Services Reward: Only available to members who enroll in E-Services on their first Columbia CU checking, E-Services on subsequent or existing checking do not qualify for E-Services Reward.
- Checking can’t be overdrawn and loans can’t be delinquent at the time of Reward fulfillment.
- Better Move Rewards cannot be combined with other Rewards offers.
- Live or work in Washington State or the Oregon community of Clackamas, Marion, Multnomah or Washington Counties? Join us.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their totally free checking account does not have any monthly fees. I wasn’t able to find an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Good bonus as there is no direct deposit required and no hard pull. There are also no monthly fees to worry about as well so that’s great. Because of all of this we’ve added this to our best checking bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank