Published on February 9th, 2019 | by William Charles22
[Expired] [WA only] Salal Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Bonus has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: WA only
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: 30 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10, 90 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2019
- Salal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Make at least 30 debit card transactions within the first 90 days
The Fine Print
- Offer good on new checking accounts opened 2/1/19 through 3/31/19.
- Limit one per household.
- To be eligible for $150, you cannot have had a Salal checking account in the prior 6 months, the account must be open and in good standing at least 90 days, and you must make at least 30 debit card transactions within first 90 days.
- This special cash offer is subject to IRS reporting.
- The $150 will be deposited to eligible accounts within four months of opening. All Salal accounts are subject to approval.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $10 if closed within 90 days.
Always nice to see bonuses with no direct deposit requirement or monthly fees, the downside is that you need to make 30 debit card transactions. For ideas on how to easily hit that requirement, read this post. As it is a soft pull we will add it to the list of best bank bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Jeff G who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times