Published on December 13th, 2016 | by William Charles33
[Expired] Wells Fargo $100 Checking Bonus Available Online – Direct Deposit Not Required
You might be able to get an offer of up to $150 by doing a withdrawal at Wells Fargo ATM, but most people have only been getting offers for $50-$100.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Chexsystems: Mixed reports
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration Date: December 16th, 2016
Receive a $100 sign up bonus when you open a Wells Fargo checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open a new Everyday Checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) from this page online by December 16th, 2016.
- Within 60 days of account opening, make 10 debit purchases and/or payments with your Wells Fargo debit card [Tips for meeting those debit card requirements can be found here]
The Fine Print
- Purchase requirement must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- We will deposit the bonus into your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met
- All consumer checking accounts except Teen CheckingSM and prepaid WellsFargot EasyPay card are eligible for the $100 bonus
- You cannot be: a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account, a Wells Fargo team member, or a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months
- A qualifying direct deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income of an accumulated $500 or more
- Offer can not be paid without providing a valid U.S. taxpayer ID (W-9)
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
These Wells Fargo bonuses are fantastic as they can be opened online and there is no direct deposit required at all. It’s pretty easy to keep the account fee free and it’s also easy to trigger the debit card requirement as well. Because of these factors we’ve added this to our best bonus page. The other reason it’s good to have a Wells Fargo checking account is that it’s easier to get approved for their credit cards when you do (and they offer great cell phone protection). Here are some of the better sign up bonuses:
- Wells Fargo Propel World: $400+ sign up bonus
- Wells Fargo Propel 365: $200 sign up bonus
- Wells Fargo Cashback Card: 5% cash back at select categories for six months (read this post before applying)
- Various cards now come with $150 bonus
Big thanks to reader, John K who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank