Published on February 20th, 2017 | by William Charles278
[Expired][OH only] Westfield Bank $100 Checking Bonus – No Requirements For Bonus
Update 5: Offer has now been completely removed
Update 4: It looks like if you’re based outside of Ohio and signed up, your account will be automatically denied.
Update 3: Reps are now saying this bonus is restricted to Ohio only
Update 2: Seems to be working but they just can’t handle the load…
Update: Online account opening is no longer working. Will update when it is again, you’ll get the following error:
Online Account Opening – System Unavailable
We are sorry. The Online Account Opening system is experiencing technical difficulties. Our team is working on resolving the issue. Please, try refreshing this page or come back later.
Thank you for your patience.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
NationwideOhio only & US Citizens and Green Card holders only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Minimum opening deposit of $100
- Hard/soft pull: Soft according to CSR
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,500. Can fund with American Express, Discover, Mastercard & Visa.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit. Also $50 fee charged if closed within 12 months & $5 $5 per month inactivity fee after 396 days without any deposit activity.
- Household limit: One per address
- Expiration date: March 13th, 2017
- Westfield Bank are offering a sign up bonus of $100 on their Dream Big checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Open with at least $100
- You can also receive a bonus APY rate of 1.66% when on balances up to $15,000 when the following requirements are met:
- At least 12 debit card transactions per statement cycle
- Be enrolled in online banking & eStatements
- Receive at least one direct deposit OR one automatic payment per statement cycle
The Fine Print
- To obtain the $100.00 (bonus), you must open a new Dream Big Checking account with an initial deposit of at least $100.00 on or before March 13, 2017.
- The bonus will be credited to the account within 10 days of the account being opened with required minimum opening deposit.
- The new account must be opened with money not currently on deposit at Westfield Bank, FSB.
- The new account must remain open for al least 180 calendar days, or the amount of the bonus will be deducted from the account at closing.
- There is a limit of one bonus per household (same address).
- The amount of the bonus will be reported to the IRS.
- The qualification cycle begins on the last day of the previous statement cycle and ends on the last business day before the next statement cycle ends.
- The statement cycle ends on the 25th of each month.
- If the 25th falls on a weekend or bank holiday, the statement cycle would end on the previous business day.
- An individual business determines the timing of processing its POS transactions.
- Therefore, the bank has no control over the date items post to an account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no monthly fees on this account, you do need to keep it open for 180 days otherwise the bonus will be clawed back. Also $50 fee charged if closed within 12 months & $5 $5 per month inactivity fee after 396 days without any deposit activity.
This is a pretty crazy deal, they used to be Ohio only but now they are nationwide (and this has been confirmed with their customer service representatives that this isn’t an error). The fact there is no bonus requirements and you can fund with a credit card makes this a great deal.
My main concern is that this deal is a bit too good, in the past with similar deals we have seen the financial institution try to change terms/requirements/restrictions on the fly after an unexpected flood of applications. Something people should be aware of. Fingers crossed everything goes fine with this promotion. Other thing worth mentioning is you don’t get your account details immediately.
I’ll most likely add this to our best checking bonus page in a few days time if everything is still tracking as expected.
Big thanks to reader, Gadget Geek via Deposit Accounts who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications