Update 11/07/2018: Bonus is back again, this time it references veterans but I think anybody can still sign up and they will donate $50 to Veteran’s charities as well. It’s possible only veterans can get the bonus though. Update: Confirmed Veteran’s only.
Update 02/11/18: Bonus is back for 2018. Thanks to readers Matt & Sara
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Applicable to Wisconsin residents only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $0 or avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days. In addition account must be kept open for one year otherwise bonus is forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open any checking account with First Bank Financial Centre using the promotional code switch300 and receive a bonus of $300 when you complete two the following requirements within 120 days of account opening :
- Three (3) of the following deposit types to post in at least three (3) consecutive months; payroll, government or pension benefits (in a single amount not less than $250 each) using either direct deposit, mobile deposit or in-branch deposit
- Twenty-five (25) signature based; not pin based or pin-less debit, debit card transactions ($5 minimum purchase each)
- Six (6) FBFC online bill pay transactions (excluding personal payments, minimum $25 each)
You can also receive a $100 bonus if you open a 15 month CD/IRA, this offers a rate of 2.61% APY. Must be opened with at least $2,500
The Fine Print
- This flyer must be presented at time of account opening.
- This offer applies to new consumer checking and new consumer certificate of deposit account special(s) that must be opened on the same day with new money not currently on deposit at First Bank Financial Centre (FBFC).
- Maximum incentive credit of $400.
- Payout of $300 will be applied to qualifying new checking accounts (*) when eligibility parameters are met.
- To receive additional incentive payout of $100, a new 15 month Certificate of Deposit Account (CD) or 15 month Individual Retirement Account (IRA) special (**) must be opened at the same time as the checking account.
- The total accumulated cash reward will be deposited into the checking account within 135 days of account opening.
- Qualifying Checking Account Activity: Within 120 days of account opening, two (2) out of the following three (3) options must be met and posted to the account:
- 1) Three (3) of the following deposit types to post in at least three (3) consecutive months; payroll, government or pension benefits (in a single amount not less than $250 each) using either direct deposit, mobile deposit or in-branch deposit. Online transfers (for example ACH transfers or PayPal transactions) and cash transactions are excluded.
- 2) Twenty-five (25) signature based; not pin based or pin-less debit, debit card transactions ($5 minimum purchase each).
- 3) Six (6) FBFC online bill pay transactions (excluding personal payments, minimum $25 each).
- If any owner or signer on the account has previously been an owner or signer on a different FBFC consumer checking account within the past three (3) years, FBFC reserves the right to deny this incentive.
- Accounts with an FBFC employee as primary owner and Student Checking accounts are not eligible.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- If the new account becomes overdrawn within the first 135 days, FBFC reserves the right to deny this incentive.
- If the checking account is closed by the customer or FBFC within 12 months after account opening, FBFC reserves the right to deny the incentive or deduct the cash reward for that account at closing.
- **Qualifying CD/IRA Account Activity: A 15 month CD/IRA term must be opened with new money, not currently on deposit at FBFC. Offer applicable to consumers only. Business and Municipal money is not accepted. Stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective as of 7/5/2018. $2,500 minimum to open CD/IRA to receive stated APYs.
- Maximum new money deposit of $250,000.
- Interest rates are subject to change without notice.
- Early withdrawal from CD/IRA account may result in penalty.
- FBFC will honor one (1) offer per household (physical, residential address)
- . Applicable to consumer accounts and Wisconsin residents only.
- The value of this offer may be reported to recipient as income. FBFC reserves the right to change or discontinue the offer at any time.
- Offers begin 7/5/18.
Bill Pay $6 Monthly Fee
There is a $6 monthly fee charged if you enroll in online bill pay but don’t make at least one bill pay per month. Thanks to reader Dan for pointing this out.
Monthly Fees $0
Easiest account to keep fee free is the free checking account with no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee $20
This account does come with an early account termination fee of $20 if you cancel it within the first 180 days of account opening. In addition the account must be kept open for one year otherwise you will forfeit the bonus
Previously they offered the same deal, but this time the $100 savings bonus is new. I think that’s worth doing, if you deposited the $2,500 minimum you’d earn $182.82 ($82.82 from interest plus the $100 bonus). 2.61% is more than competitive as well so nothing really to be lost there. This is a great offer and we will definitely be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuse. They have offered a bonus of $200 in the past but that required a post card. If anybody signs up for this offer, please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader DrBooyah
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications