Published on December 11th, 2018 | by William Charles22
[Expired] [WI & IL Only] Heritage Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Update 2: You still have to go in branch to actually open the account unfortunately
Update: Deal can now be done online, use promo code 100CHECKWEB. Hat tip to reader JK
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live or work in the following areas: IL (Boone, Jo Daviess, Knox, Lake, McHenry, Stephenson, Warren, or Winnebago) or WI (Barron, Chippewa, Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Iowa, Lincoln, Milwaukee, Oneida, Ozaukee, Price, Racine, Rusk, Sauk, Taylor, Washington, or Waukesha, or within 25 miles of Sheldon or 15 miles of Chetek)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100+
- Additional requirements: Open in branch
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2016 December 31st, 2016 May 31st, 2017 August 31st, 2018 October 31st, 2018 November 30th, 2018 January 31st, 2019 February 28th, 2019 April 30th, 2019 June 30th, 2019 August 31st, 2019 October 31st, 2019November 30th, 2019
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you present your coupon (available online) and receive a direct deposit of $100 within 30 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- All offers subject to qualified credit.
- New members: subject to member eligibility and an initial deposit of $25 into a primary savings account, which must remain open for 12 months. Coupon must be presented by September 30, 2016, and prior to opening the account.
- Qualifying accounts must be opened within 30 days after presenting coupon.
- Cannot use multiple offers on same product.
- Promotions can change or end at any time.
- Each coupon may be used once per individual member account.
- Bonus may be taxable as income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Heritage employees and their immediate families are not eligible. Void if expired, altered, reproduced or photocopied. Must not have had an open Heritage checking account in the 6 months prior to opening new account.
- $100 will be credited to your Heritage primary share account within 30 days of receipt of your first direct deposit of $100 or more into a new qualifying checking account.
- Direct deposit must be received within 30 days of opening new checking account and cannot be transferred from another Heritage account.
- Federally insured by NCUA. Equal Housing Opportunity Lender.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The best account to open would be the free checking account with no monthly fees. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if any early account termination fee is charged or not.
Bit annoying you have to open this one in branch and it’s only a $100 bonus. Probably not one of the better bonuses due to those facts, although at least it’s a soft pull.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
Hat tip to Maximizing Money