Published on January 10th, 2018 | by William Charles11
Will U.S. Bank Offer A Winter Olympics Bonus On The FlexPerks Card?
The 2018 winter Olympics have been in the news recently with North Korea agreeing to send a team to compete in PyeongChang, South Korean. The reason we are interested is that historically U.S. Bank offers additional bonuses on their FlexPerks Travel Rewards cards during the Olympics (we saw it in 2014 & 2016). The last winter Olympics they offered the following bonus:
- 500 points for gold
- 250 for silver
- 100 for bronze
The last summer Olympics they offered the following bonuses:
- 200 Flexperks points for each Gold Medal
- 100 Flexperks points for each Silver Medal
- 50 Flexperks points for each Bronze Medal
That’s 7,450 bonus points for the last winter Olympics and 14,800 for the last summer Olympics. Keep in mind this is in addition to the 20,000 points the card normally earns. U.S. Bank hasn’t made any announcement regarding if the promotion will run for 2018. Previous announcements have been made:
- 2014 Sochi winter Olympics: Announced on January 31st (Friday). Olympics started on February 7th
- 2016 Rio summer Olympics: Announced on August 1st 2016 (Monday). Olympics started on August 5th
The 2018 PyeongChang winter Olympics start on the 9th of February. I think the most likely announcement date would be February 5th, 2018. I’d be surprised if a bonus wasn’t offered, but maybe I am just being overly optimistic in 2018.