Published on September 8th, 2016 | by William Charles15
Williams-Sonoma Visa Card From Comenity Bank Review – 5% Back
In June 2016 we let you know that Barclaycard & Williams Sonoma would be discontinuing their relationship, Comenity Bank has purchased the card portfolio and will be issuing the new card. This card is now available. Let’s take a quick look at this new card.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- When you earn $25 in rewards, you’ll receive a $25 certificate to spend at Williams-Sonoma. These expire 90 days after they are issued
- Free standard online shipping on eligible purchases at williams-sonoma.com
- Receive a $20 Welcome Certificate in the mail after you receive your new card (this is for existing cardholders, new customers will get the same bonus)
- 20% off immediately after approval (Offer not valid for gift cards, gift wrap, taxes, shipping & processing, delivery surcharge, sale item, grills or stoves including: La Cornue, Lynx, Kalamazoo, Memphis Pro, Caliber and Williams Sonoma Brand grills. Offer not combinable with other coupons, discounts, offers or promotions.)
- $25 certificate received during your birthday month. Card must be active and in good standing
How To Pay For Your Card
For whatever reason, people struggle to work out how to pay their credit card statements for these store cards. Comenity will allow you to set up automatic payments when the card launches and also to log in and pay your account here.
The shopping cart trick does work for this card according to reader Jennifer. I wouldn’t recommend this card for most people, as there are much better options out there. The $25 birthday certificate is nice, but when you compare it to cash sign up bonuses it’s pretty lackluster. That being said, the new card is significantly better than the old card as that earned 3x at Williams-Sonoma and 1x everywhere else.