Published on March 30th, 2017 | by William Charles35
[YMMV] 60,000 Point Upgrade Offer To American Express Platinum
Direct link to offer (might not work)
- There is currently an upgrade offer from the Premier Rewards Gold card to the American Express Personal Platinum card. You’ll receive 60,000 points after $5,000 in spend within the first three months.
The Fine Print
- Annual fee is $550, this is usually prorated depending on how far along in your year you are. For example if it’s been two months since your last annual fee you’ll get a refund of 10 months on the PRG and then pay for 10 months of the Platinum card
You’ll want to read these two posts before considering this:
- Everything You Want To Know About American Express Upgrade Offers
- 23 Things Everybody Should Know About American Express
This is a pretty great offer as there is no pull hard and you should be able to get this bonus even if you’ve held the card before (just make sure to check the fine print as some of these upgrade offers contain the no bonus language). In addition there are datapoints of people upgrading to a card they’ve never had before, getting the upgrade bonus and then still being eligible for another bonus down the track.
If you have any questions surrounding upgrade offers, I strongly recommend you read this post first. You can read our guide to the new American Express Platinum benefits here. There are also currently the following upgrade offers on other cards:
- 100,000 Hilton Honors Surpass Upgrade Link, No Once in a Lifetime Language
- [YMMV] American Express Blue Cash Preferred $150 Upgrade Offer
- [YMMV] American Express Business Platinum 50,000 Point Upgrade Offer
Hat tip to reader @ajfetzner