Published on February 21st, 2017 | by William Charles52
[YMMV] Capital One 360 $200 Nationwide Checking Bonus
This offer is targeted, but there’s at least one conflicting DP which indicates that it may not be targeted (conflicting information from customer service representatives is nothing new; the majority of DPs indicate it is targeted). You should be able to call 1-888-464-0727 (press 2) to check if you are targeted. A customer service representative may also be able to pull up different offers for you. Even people that weren’t targeted for the last $200 bonus have stated they received the bonus anyway (this wasn’t the case with a previous $400 offer so YMMV).
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide, but targeted
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date:
March 31, 2017June 30th, 2017
- Open a new Capital One 360 checking account with the promotional code PLUS200 and receive a bonus of $200 when you complete the following requirements:
- Receive two direct deposits of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL OR MAIL PIECE DIRECTLY FROM CAPITAL ONE 360 WITH THE ABOVE CODE, YOU ARE INELIGIBLE FOR THIS BONUS OFFER.
- To qualify for the bonus, you must be the primary account holder, and this has to be your first 360 Checking account (this includes former Electric Orange accounts, too).
- Beginning January 9, 2017, to earn the $200 bonus you must accept the terms on a new 360 Checking® Account by March 31, 2017. 11:59 p.m., ET and receive 2 direct deposits of $250 or more within 60 days of accepting terms and conditions for your new account.
- You will receive the $200 credit to your checking account about 90 days after accepting terms and conditions.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One Bank® new account opening offer.
There are no monthly fees on this account and no early account termination fee.
There has been targeted offers of $400 and this bonus is once per lifetime so it might be worth waiting for a better targeted offer but no guarantees it comes along. Personally I wouldn’t sign up for this bonus unless I was targeted, but it does seem to be working for some people that weren’t targeted (as always this is very YMMV). Because of this I won’t be adding it to our best checking account bonus. Keep in mind there is a similar offer of $200 for their money market account as well.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications