Published on June 11th, 2017 | by William Charles4
[Expired] [YMMV & MA ony] Rockland Trust $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MA only
- Direct deposit required: Not required
- Additional requirements: $500 in debit card purchases
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 27th, 2017
- Rockland Trust is offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a new worry free checking account by June 27th, 2017 and spent at least $500 using your new debit Mastercard within 100 days from account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer must be redeemed by person residing at the address on the mailer. Non Transferrable. customer and household.
- Individuals who currently own or have had a Rockland Trust Checking account within the 30 days prior to the account open date are not eligible.
- To be eligible for the $100 bonus you must open a new Worry-Free Checking account between April 27, 2017 and June 27, 2017.
- To earn the $100 bonus you must spend at least $500 (either POS or signature transactions) with your new Rockland Trust Debit MasterCard® within the first 100 days from your account open date.
- ATM withdrawals do not count.
- The bonus will be paid directly to your account by October 31, 2017.
- Bonus payment will be reported to the IRS for the tax year in which it is paid.
- Eligible only if account is opened at one of the following branch locations: ALLSTON, ARLINGTON, BRIGHTON, BROOKLINE, BURLINGTON, CHESTNUT HILL, JAMAICA PLAIN, MEDFORD, MELROSE, NEWTONVILLE, NORWOOD, SOMERVILLE–DAVIS SQUARE, WALTHAM–MOODY STREET, WALTHAM–MAIN, WELLESLEY, WEST NEWTON, WEST ROXBURY, WESTWOOD, WOBURN–198 LEXINGTON STREET, WOBURN HIGH SCHOOL, and WOBURN–MAIN STREET.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Worry free checking account has no monthly fee to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure on any early account termination fees.
Fine print suggests this is a targeted offer, but it is being displayed on the worry free checking page so that doesn’t make that much sense. Does require $500 in debit card purchases, not a lot but might prevent some people from meeting minimum spend requirements. We also don’t know if it’s a soft or hard pull.
As always if you go for this bonus then please share your data points in the comments below. For now we don’t have enough information to add it to the top rated checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications