Published on May 8th, 2017 | by Chuck56
[Expired] $25 Referral Bonus for Both Parties on Northpointe Bank 5% Checking Account
[5/23/17: This offer has now expired.]
Readers let us know about a Northpointe referral bonus offer, which apparently came out today (?) via email (?):
- Refer a friend to Northpointe 5% checking account and each of you will get a $25 bonus into your accounts
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for the bonus, the new member needs to have $100 deposit (or maybe it needs to be a direct deposit via ACH/employer ?) post to their account
- Bonus will post within 30 days of the deposit
Northpointe just upped the ante on their 5% savings account from $5k to $10k, and they also removed the $500 debit requirement (please read preparatory comment in the linked post). It still does need 15 debit transactions per month, among other requirements, and you can see our full review on the account here.
We consider this to be the best high-interest savings account at the moment, though that could change if they’d start enforcing minimums on the debit card volume. See that linked post to compare all high-yield options.
A lot of people are looking into opening the account due to the new, higher limits and easier requirements. Now is a good time to tell family and friends about the account and have them signup with your referral so that you’ll each get a $25 bonus, besides the other benefits of the checking account.
At one point there was a signup bonus on the account of $50 or $100, but it doesn’t look like that’s coming back so this $25 referral offer is the best available.
Refer in the Comments
Feel free to leave your email address to refer people in the comments. But you must follow these rules. We will remove comments that don’t adhere to the rules.
- Retweet this tweet first (make sure you retweet the linked tweet).
- Post a comment with your email address to refer. Don’t add extra detail, just leave the email address.
- Include your twitter username at the end of your comment. If you don’t do this, we will remove your link.